Thursday, May 8, 2008

Day 8


Thursday, May 8

I'm home! Jenny & James met at MedVet after work to pick me up. They spoke to Dr. Forman for a while first. He said that the kidney cytology came back negative for infection or cancer, and that the urine culture they started on Monday night came back negative, so I definitely don't have a bladder infection.

He told them that I'm a "curious case." He explained by saying that usually creatinine levels go up, go down, or stay elevated. Mine have been going up and down, which is unusual. If they went up and stayed up, after a while I'd get used to it, but this up and down is really making me feel lousy.

At his own expense, he sent something (blood? cells?) in for an Addison's disease screening, which is fairly uncommon in cats, but not in dogs. My symptoms aren't classic for Addison's, but he's been wracking his brain trying to figure out what's wrong with me, since I don't have an infection or cancer. They also sent in a sample for a pancreatitis test, but that and the Addison's screening will still take a few days to come back.

Dr. Forman also said that he's going to be out of town for the next 4 days, so I can't feel really bad again until Tuesday!

I'm feeling much better. When the tech brought me in to the examination room, I was in my cuddle cup, but when she put me down on the table, I climbed out and began to explore. Jenny noticed right away how perky I seemed.

I also now have a binder clip that holds my feeding tube to my tank top, so it can't slip out. It's a pretty clever idea, I do have to admit, but I still have to wear this d*** e-collar. My tube site looks great, though. When I get my evening feeding tonight, I'm supposed to get 45 mL's, plus the antiobiotics & an anti-nausea medication they sent home.

Then James drove me home and Jenny stopped at the grocery store. When I got out of my carrier, I explored the bedroom a little bit and James took off my e-collar so I could eat some of my k/d kibble. The doctor told Jenny & James that I had enjoyed a little bit of tuna during my stay, which he happily encouraged.

Gosh, it's good to be home!

I weighed 5 lbs., 1 oz. on the scale here at home, which is possibly not strictly accurate.

1 comment:

david santos said...

I loved this pos and this cat.
Have a nice weekend.