Thursday, May 15, 2008

Day 15

Thursday, May 15

Well, today when Jenny came home, I had my tank top almost all the way off, so she took it off. Then after my feeding, she had to decide how to keep my tube against my body. Luckily, James came home from work just about then, and they made me a little belly band out of off-brand vet wrap.

Unfortunately, the vet wrap didn't really stay in place very well. It keeps slipping down around my waist, exposing the site where the tube enters my side. The first time it did that, I picked off the nice big scab that had formed there. But in retrospect, I don't think that was such a good idea, because the skin underneath is raw and red and sore.

I growled and protested when Jenny & James decided to take the vet wrap off and reposition it. I REALLY didn't like it! Jenny is worried, because it looks like without the scab, my tube may be moving out of my body a little bit. James covered everything over with the vet wrap again, but he's going to have to put that d*** e-collar back on me overnight, because I know I can get this vet wrap off if I have a nice long, uninterrupted period to work on it (say, while the humans are asleep).

On the plus side, I weighed 5 lbs. 3 oz. last night when James weighed me.

No comments: