Sunday, May 4, 2008

Day 2


Friday, May 2

Jenny stayed up really late Thursday night (she works in the office at a school, so she usually goes to bed pretty early) and then she overslept on Friday morning. After discovering that Bucky, our Pekingese rescue, had thrown up twice in the night she had a mini-breakdown. James is going out of town Monday afternoon - Wednesday night next week, and she was thinking about all the things she would be responsible for, and worrying about me, and Bucky, and she just cried for a little while.

James told her he could handle my breakfast on his own, so Jenny went in late to work and eventually started feeling a little better. James worked at home on Friday so he could be with me all day.

After work Jenny bought a baby scale so they could monitor my weight and some newborn onesies, even though they looked a little big (they didn't have any for preemies). I weighed 5.0 lbs. when I left MedVet on Thursday, and Friday night I weighed 5 lbs., 1/2 oz.

No comments: