Friday, May 30, 2008

Day 30

Friday, May 30, 2008

Last night I grabbed a catnip toy and rolled over onto my back with it. Then tonight, I did it again! I haven’t done that since I got my feeding tube!

Speaking of which, my tube has been in for a month now. I wonder how much longer I'll have to have it. I guess the idea is that after I gain some weight (how much, I don't know), Jenny & James will cut back on my tube feeding and see if I take up the slack by eating on my own.

My next appointment with Dr. Forman is Tuesday, June 10, which is the second day of Shavuot so Jenny will be off work and she can take me. James had to take me to my last two appointments because MedVet doctors only see patients at ridiculous hours, something like 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. weekdays - so convenient for working pet owners! Luckily, James' company is very flexible about stuff like that.

I didn’t do so well with my fluids tonight. I growled while I was getting them, and then I managed to kind of jump away so that the needle came out when I was only halfway done. Since James had already inserted the needle unsuccessfully once, he decided that rather than stick me a third time, he would call it a night. Hah! The joke may be on me, though, because I may find that I don’t feel quite as perky tomorrow. We shall see.

No comments: