Thursday, April 30, 2009

Day 366

April 30, 2009

Wow. I got my feeding tube one year ago today.

I still have it. In fact, I'm not sure I remember ever not having it. But that's OK.

I'm used to wearing a stupid tank top all the time. I'm used to Jenny & James feeding me, giving me medicine, and giving me water through my tube, although I hardly get any food through it any more. I like to eat my kibble on my own, whenever I feel like it. And while I don't drink as much as I should, Jenny & James can give me enough water through my tube so that I don't have to get fluids through a needle any more.

I visit Dr. Forman for a check-up about every other month. My weight and kidney values are stable, so I mostly just get blood drawn and a little cleaning up around my stoma when I'm there.

I feel pretty much back to normal. I like to be petted every time James sits on the loveseat. I scratch my scratching post, watch the birds through the doorwall, sit in the window and look at the neighborhood, and make a fuss whenever Mr. Cat is allowed anywhere near me. I can jump up and down from perches without any trouble, and occasionally I even like to jump up on top of the entertainment center and knock things off (I think it's funny when Jenny hollers).

So it's been a long year, and I wasn't always sure I'd make it. But here I am, and life is good, and Jenny & James plan on keeping me around for as long as possible.

No comments: