Sunday, June 1, 2008

Day 32

Sunday, June 1

I think I needed my fluids yesterday. Last night when James weighed me, I had lost a couple of ounces. Jenny is going to check with the vet clinic to see if she can bring me in to get my fluids when James is away at the Indy car race in mid-July; she probably can't manage it on her own.

This morning I stayed curled up in my cuddle cup while Jenny gave me my feeding, and at the very end I threw up a little bit, right in my bed! When Jenny tried to wipe it up it felt like she was invading my space, so I kind of growled - at first she thought it was my stomach making the noise! I think she was kind of relieved that it wasn't, so I don't feel particularly guilty.

When I came downstairs this afternoon, I was a little wobbly, and Jenny suggested I get my fluids earlier in the day. The plan was to give me 150 mL's (usually I get 100), but I managed to wiggle the needle out after only 100. Since that's my usual "dose," though, James didn't try to stick me again.

A few hours after my fluids, I was feeling perkier. I was sitting in the living room window looking out the screen when Jenny came home from feeding the sheep. I wish I didn't need to get poked with a needle in order to feel better, though!

No comments: